The Narrow Gate

Welcome to the continuation of my blog, post-seminary. Ministry and evangelism have brought me back home to Chattanooga. I welcome your company on my journey.

The original blog, Down In Mississippi, shared stories from 2008 and 2009 of the hope and determination of people in the face of disaster wrought by the hurricanes Rita and Katrina in 2005, of work done primarily by volunteers from churches across America and with financial support of many aid agencies and private donations and the Church. My Mississippi posts really ended with the post of August 16, 2009. Much work, especially for the neediest, remained undone after the denominational church pulled out. Such is the nature of institutions. The world still needs your hands for a hand up. I commend to you my seven stories, Down in Mississippi I -VII, at the bottom of this page and the blog posts. They describe an experience of grace.



Saturday, September 12, 2009

Day 513 - What was so good about yesterday?

I'm sure some one might wonder if the experience at the free clinic caused so much angst, what could be good about your day to say it was good?

The goodness about the day was being there and realizing were I to end up working with such a group after completing my seminary work, I'd find my "occupation" again being fun. In other words, my rule has always been, if you wake up smiling and you are heading to do something fun whose other name is "a job," your life is OK. This is one of the reasons I am drawn to people who find it easy to smile (yes I am thinking of Max's mom).

No comments: